Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Digressions

My cousin works for Frito-Lay. Last summer when we were all camping, he pawned off boxes and boxes and boxes of these single-serving bags of chips on us. I thought I might eat them but realized they were all disgusting except for this chile piquin - nice and spicy! However, they were sitting in a box in my bedroom since April, and I wasn't eating them, because why would I eat potato chips? Empty calories, and I don't even love them that much. I was going to take them to movie night at my brother's house (weekly gathering of ~20 of our friends, I make dinner and Mike picks a crap movie) but I forgot them. I drove to work today and you know that people in an office will eat anything, so I left them in the breakroom.
I had a deadline today and didn't get a second to breathe until 3 pm. That's a long time since my breakfast of cold cereal at 730 am. It's raining outside though, and I'm in heels and my hair looks pretty good, so I don't feel like going anywhere, especially since there's not much on offer 'round these parts. So I'm choosing to eat this bag of potato chips and a diet coke for lunch, and wasting these 300 empty calories on a whole lotta nothing. From a caloric standpoint, I am partially accepting it because it's INSTEAD OF and not IN ADDITION to real calories, but in a way that makes it worse because I'm not getting any actual nutrients. I am making dinner for Monica and Ani though, so I still have a chance to redeem myself.

1 comment: