Tuesday, January 19, 2010

(almost) guilt free salad


Guys, I LOVE salad. I do. And I've never really been one for those awful fatty ranch type creamy dressings. I think ranch is abhorrent, personally. I'm perfectly happy with a vinaigrette but the ones you buy have all sorts of weird coagulants and preservatives, and I'm not really into that. Recently I've been hooked on this glorious dressing. It's fresh and bright and relies on flavor rather than fat. My current favorite canvas for this is butter lettuce, toasted hazelnuts, and parmesan. And yes, I TOTALLY stole that idea from Le Pichet.


Zest from 1/2 lemon

Juice of 1 lemon

1/4c white wine or champagne vinegar (I ran out of this last time and used red wine vinegar and no harm was done)

2T prepared dijon mustard

2T olive oil

cracked black pepper & salt to taste


Put all of that good stuff in a covered jar, shiggidy shake it up, and toss a couple of tablespoons on your next bowl of fresh veggies. It'd also be killer as a marinade for chicken. Just sayin'.

2 comments:

  1. I totally love that dressing too! Ina Garten turned me onto it. Let's get together and eat salad.

    ReplyDelete