Tuesday, February 23, 2010

snacked.

 
So I come back from lunch today, and someone is walking toward the front desk with a giant basket full of little chip bags.  I'm like, "no thanks, I just ate."  Wait, no; I didn't say that.  What I really said was, "Snacks!  AWESOME!"  Then I visualized the bikini bod.  Then I grabbed a bag and read the nutritional info: 100 calories per bag?? Well done, team!  Now I am all for finding a healthier, lower-cal alternative, like an apple for 50 calories, but sometimes nothing will do but salty, crunchy chips covered in a delicious powder, in which case this is the healthier alternative.  A typical (smaller) bag of Tim's Cascade tater chips will get you at about 140 calories and has a lot more fat.  I was intrigued, so I did some field research right then and there.

Anyone ever had popchips? They're new to me!  I was a little wary when I read the package: "never fried, never baked."  Then what the hell are they??  More of an explanation on the back reveals they are hit with heat and pressure (I'm imagining the espresso process, minus water) and "pop!"  Whatever the case, these little suckers are delicious.  I am currently enjoying the salt and pepper flavor.  Secretly stashed in my desk drawer are cheddar and bbq flavors. Ok, sea salt and vinegar too.

So I'm munchin' away, and my FedEx Ground guy comes in to make a delivery and gets all excited about popchips. "they're THE best chips EVER!" he says to me.  Too true.  I want to eat another flavor, but  I am visualizing the bikini bod and have decided I can wait until tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Ran 30 minutes again! Posting here makes me feel great about it, thanks for the inspiration Mon!

    ReplyDelete