Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Running - Going the Distance


I ran 12 miles today.  It's a 4 mile run between home and the office, and then at lunch I joined two other runners for a mid-day 4-miler.  I wasn't sure I could pull off running all three legs of the twelve miles, and I had my car at the office just in case.  I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it before I lose my "crutch" (meaning my parking space, which I plan to release at the end of the month).  Mostly, I'm concerned about my joints.  There are some pretty serious hills on my commute, so I've started walking down the steepest declines in order to save my knees.

I have to say, it's kinda nice to worry a little less about the calories I've eaten today.  When I got home I made whole wheat pasta alla carbonara for two.  Basically, it's a bacon/egg/cheese comfort food, but much lighter than you'd expect.  If the calcs are right, one serving is under 350 calories.  Definitely MND worthy.  I'll try to remember to post the recipe Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment