Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday Night Dinner - Katie's Thai Honey Peanut Chicken


My friend Katie has a great blog, The Well-Fed Newlyweds, that I love reading; part of the reason I love it is I get to catch up a little with what's going on in her world (we haven't seen each other since we were both 21 and studying in Paris), but a bigger part is she chooses stellar recipes to feature.  I made her Thai honey peanut chicken recently and let me tell you, this one hit it out of the park.  I made just a few tweaks, not that it needed any; I'm just that way.

Thai Honey Peanut Chicken

Ingredients:
1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
lime juice - yield of 1 lime
3 cloves minced garlic
2 Tbsp (heaping) natural peanut butter
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp Sriracha
2 tsp fish sauce
1-1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into large chunks


Directions:
Whisk all ingredients except chicken together in a bowl.
Add chicken pieces to sauce and coat evenly.
Cook in a large skillet on med-high heat until chicken is just cooked through.


Another 170 calories gets you 3/4 cup rice to go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment