Thursday, March 24, 2011

Weight Training - Squats

Have you been working on your form with the Arnold Press?  It burns in that good way, doesn't it?  Make sure you're doing it slowly and controlled.  Lifting weights isn't worth it if you rush through with sloppy form.  Might as well do something else, if you're going to be sloppy - like dancing.  As much as I like to make everything about dancing, let's focus on weights today.

My second move in the circuit rotation is a straight-on squat.  This gives the arms a little break after the Arnold Press before you move into your next move.

As you may have guessed I have a lot of celebrity readership these days.  Late last night as I was watching old clips of tosh.0 and logging my calorie intake on the Daily Plate, I got a call from a contemporary country great, who I admire not only for his well-maintained mullet, but also for his ability to unabashedly rock a very full mustache throughout the decades, despite his publicist's pleas to to try to appeal to the majority of the population who has since moved on from the 'stache craze of the '80s.  Hey, if it ain't broke... amirite?

In any case, Alan Jackson called to say he was so flattered that he was featured as Sunday's workout song that he would like to model my next move.  I think there's also a little bit of keeping up with the Joneses going on here - he seems to fancy himself as the Prince of his music genre.  Sorry, Al, I think you're great and I'd totally rather pound the pavement to your hits, but Garth Brooks owns that comparison.

It was a rush job to get the photo shoot and editing done for today's feature, but I think we pulled it off:


Place your weights on your shoulders, and steady them in place with your hands.  Feet should be shoulder-width apart.  Squat, dropping your booty behind you and keeping your body as upright as possible.  Do not let your knees move any further forward than your toes.  Do 10-20 squats before moving on to the next exercise

2 comments:

  1. you're hysterical. or you've lost your mind. either way i'm enjoying it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - gotta infuse a little humor where I can. ;)

    ReplyDelete