Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Power of NO


I haven't been really losing weight at the rate I'd like to, and I have a ways to go.  I know a big part of the reason is I've been too lax on my indulgences, so today I practiced my ability to say no.  So far today, I've said no to girl scout cookies, cheese (and you know how tough that is for me!), and cream and sugar in my coffee.

Rather than feeling deprived, I feel strong and in control.  I'm proud of being able to choose my long term goal over immediate satisfaction.  It's not always easy for me.  And because I was able to deny those midday indulgences and go to the gym, I can enjoy a glass or two of wine this evening, absolutely guilt free.  Folks, I've just traded up.


1 comment:

  1. well done, i love eating better, even just as an exercise in self control. but HOW, HOW do you say NO to CHEESE?!!! not possible.

    ReplyDelete