Wednesday, March 3, 2010

goodbye, Reez

 

Yes folks,  I had to bid a sorrowful farewell and paid a price last night for a walk down memory lane.  I heard yesterday that the OG (that's "original gangsta" for those of you who aren't up on the lingo) Red Robin on Furhman is being closed.  This news left  those of us who grew up in Seattle heartsick.  I love this place.  The University Red Robin was my old high school  hang out, and was known more affectionately to us as "The Reez" (a derivative of "Red Reezy" - hey, it was the 90s!).  It was here where my friends and I would gather to gossip, sharing in hushed whispers our coming of age milestones, and chow on burgers, fries, and cherry cokes.  We'd race to see who could tie the cherry stems in a knot with our tongues first (which I won nearly every time, thankyouverymuch), and laugh until our sides hurt.  Many of my friends from high school live in other states, but when we'd all get together during college breaks, and now holiday voyages home to visit aging parents, we always made the pilgrimage to The Reez.  There's still the on at Northgate and various other suburbs, but it just isn't the same.  We'll never feel the same way about any other Red Robin; they can never be "The Reez."

I only ate half my burger, but needless to say, I went over on my calories yesterday.



Yesterday:
Total Calories: 1908
Net Calories: 1669 (428 over)
H2O Intake: 72 oz at least
Total Exercise: 20 min
Cardio: 0 min

1 comment:

  1. Quite jealous.

    However on a similar note - I just discovered that a local mall here has a red robin. It's totally not the same, but being 1,000 miles away it still felt like home to see that big silly bird. I stopped and stared.

    Also, I ran last night! Haven't missed a scheduled run since I started. Feeling good!
    M

    ReplyDelete