Monday, March 1, 2010

it's been a while

 

You know what keeps me healthy?  This guy.  I'm not talking about the way a personal trainer or a nutritionist would; I'm talking about in the soul.  I've been sick all weekend (and now that I think about it, probably all week), and when I'm sick I'm easily frustrated.  When I'm frustrated I'm rather difficult to be around.  It takes a very patient and understanding person to be around me when I'm this way, and I owe a big thank-you to Andrew for being that person.

I quarantined myself for the last couple days, even though it was gorgeous outside.  I hate being indoors when it's sunny out, so when I'd finally had enough cabin fever on Sunday, Andrew took me out for a walk (yes, one of us is supposed to be a dog in this scenario).  Twice.  He hugged me, brought me water, and patted me on the head when I was being a pill.  And when I was my worst, he just laughed at me in that this-is-only-kind-of-cute-because-you-so-rarely-get-sick-and-you're-bad-at-it sort of way.

Oh, and he let me eat bon bons on the sofa while we watched a Lost marathon, which was a great dry-run of my life plan: I'm going to trick him into marrying me, quit my job, and sit on the sofa all day eating bon bons and catching up on my soaps.  Shhhh.  

I love you, Andrew!

No comments:

Post a Comment