Monday, June 13, 2011

Queen of the Mountain


You know I can't resist a chance to flex my muscles while wearing a sweaty tank top.

Yesterday I tackled Mt Si (yes, the big one) with a local summer hiking group.  It was 4 miles of steep switchbacks.  We jumped over streams, trekked over stumps and roots, and then when we were finally at the top, there was a rock scramble to what we thought was the tippy top.  Turns out there was another slightly higher tippy top right behind it.


So we scrambled up to the higher point.  And celebrated.

Then I did this:


because I was too short to do this:


...which is what I had initially envisioned for my top o' the mountain photo shoot.


The hike, round trip, was 8 miles total.  It took about 4 hours.  When we got down to the bottom of the mountain, we all felt like rockstars.

Next outdoor adventure?  Kayaking!  Fo' sho'

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention the other amazing thing about this: you did it while already sore from a previous exercise session! Go, Monica!

    ReplyDelete