Thursday, February 17, 2011

I Ran to Work! And Home Again!

photograph by Curtis Cronn

Yesterday morning I got up at 6am as I usually do, ate a banana, packed Andrew a lunch, drank a glass of water and popped 3 advil, and I was off! With a pack on my back filled with my wallet and my clothes for today, I huffed and puffed up Madison and over the top of Capitol Hill.  Photo above was the shipping container I ran through next to the lightrail station construction.  This is where the hill crests at the top of my 400 foot climb.


Here's a chart so you can really see what I went through.  That big hill was really REALLY a bitch.  But I did it.  Then I ran back home that evening.  That's 7.8 miles total, team.  You probably won't be surprised I fell asleep at 9:15 and snored loudly all night.  I woke up this morning feeling great!!  Think I can do it 5 days a week?  I'm going to wait until the summer months to make the full transition, but I'm glad to know I can do it at least once.

1 comment:

  1. You are a miracle worker! Good luck but don't kill your body - you'll need all those joints when you're older. :)

    ReplyDelete