Monday, January 17, 2011

Weekend Running

  
Lk Union


Green Lake

I've been keeping up on my promise to myself to run longer distances.  Saturday I ran the perimeter of Lake Union, which is a nice 6.5 mi run.  Including stretching time, the whole thing took about 70 min.  I've done the lake before, but this time it felt easier - I didn't have the overwhelming urge to just stop and sit in the middle of the path.  Sunday I met a friend at Green Lake for a late morning run.  I arrived 15 min before our meeting time and decided to do the inside loop before my friend arrived.  It's a 2.8 mi track, which I accomplished in 23 minutes.  Go me.  We did the outside 3.2 mi  loop together at his pace (and as you know, gents tend to run faster than ladies), and finished in under 30 min.  It's the little things. :)

After grabbing some lunch, watching my dad tinker on my car, and freezing my butt off, I returned home and rounded out the workout with a little bit of Jillian.  I'm almost to the point where I don't hate life while trying to get through the side plank knee lifts.  Yesssss.

PS - I didn't take either of these pics, just pulled them from the magical world of the internets.

No comments:

Post a Comment