Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Beverage for a Thinner Me


I've mentioned I've been battling an obnoxious cold lately, and while I'm almost over it, I think I'm going to keep my lemon ginger "tea" concoction going.  I don't do well with tea - it's not delicious to me and often upsets my tummy, but just adding a lemon wedge and three slices of ginger root to  hot water has become my favorite new beverage.

I'm constantly sipping it, which is increasing my vitamin C and hydrating me at the same time.  It's also been my alternative to that second (or third) cup of coffee in the morning, which I typically drink with cream and sugar.  That alone saves me at least 150 calories per cup.

Side update: last night was my 6-mile run day, which I did on the treadmill after work.  I brought short running shorts because I knew I was also going to be doing squats and lunges as part of the workout and I hate it when my shorts get in the way (try not to think about it too much).  Anyway, at about 5.5 miles, I start feeling a little chafeage, but I only have a half mile to go so I decide to tough it out.  Well, ladies, I'm walking a little bit like a cowboy today because it turns out that five minutes of constant chafe is a lot.  Ouchertons.  Note to self: stick with your spandex on longer-distance runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment