Monday, May 16, 2011

Monday Night Dinner: Thai Chicken Soup


I've got to be honest:  all I want tonight is cheese fondue.  However, I'm less than three months away from my wedding for which I've chosen an extremely form-fitting dress.  So instead, we're going with Thai Chicken Soup.  Ugh.

Thai Chicken Soup

Ingredients

  • 1/2 medium yellow onion
  • 3/4 cup chopped carrots
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow potatoes
  • 2 cups chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 2 cups low sodium chicken stock
  • 1 3/4 cups light coconut milk
  • lime juice, yields of 2 lime
  • 1/4 cup asian fish sauce
  • 2 Tbsp honey
  • 1 Tbsp red pepper flakes
  • 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil

Directions

In a soup pot, heat olive oil
Add chopped onion, chopped carrots, and chopped potatoes.
Saute until slightly browned.
Add chicken and cook halfway (I use whatever leftover chicken I have in my fridge, in which case you don't have to cook it before adding the liquids).
Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 min.

Serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment