Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday Night Dinner: Cheater Zucchini Pizza


This dinner is on deck for tonight.  I'm craving pizza, but after a weekend of eating delicious rich food and drinking wine like it's water, I need something lighter for a change.  It's also my night to myself so I want to keep food prep time to a minimum so I can maximize furniture reupholstering time.

[ I have two sleigh-back dining chairs that have been sanded down to the wood and are ready for a repaint, but while I'm waiting for the weather to dry up so I can paint outside, I'm going to go ahead and recover the seat and back panels so they'll at least be usable and presentable in a shabby chic sort of way. ]

Cheater pizza is one of those meals that seems almost too easy.  That's what I love about it.  I don't have kids, but I imagine when I do I'm going to use this recipe a lot.

Ingredients

  • 1 whole wheat pocketless pita (I use Kontos)
  • 1/4 cup marinara sauce
  • 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup Zucchini
  • 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil

Directions

In a small pan on your stovetop, heat olive oil and saute zucchini chunks until browned.  Place your pita on a baking sheet.  Spread the marinara sauce on your pita, sprinkle evenly with cheese, and top with zucchini.  Broil until cheese is melted.  Sprinkle with just a touch of sea salt if you like.  Voila!
 
Serves 1

No comments:

Post a Comment