Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Jump Start with a Detox


I decided to buy some supplements to help me get back into the groove.  I feel gross from everything I've put in my body over the last week, so I went online and bought Jillian's detox and cleanse system.  It's a no-fasting detox program, which I feel is more realistic than those programs that don't let you eat and then suggest a beverage of maple syrup, lemon water, and paprika.  I'm not quite sure if this is legit, but even if it is a placebo it'll help me get my own results, right?  It's set to arrive next week.  I'm excited and a little nervous.

Have any of you ever done a detox?  What about supplements?  This is totally new to me, so I'd love to hear your wisdom and/or opinions on such boosts.

1 comment:

  1. i did a detox a few weeks ago when i returned from central america with that may or may not have been a parasite (gross, i know). i was not cool enough to get a JM detox, i stuck with the cheap wallgreens ghettoness. it seemed to do the trick, but i felt pretty weak for a few days. of course, that was probably a result of the parasite, not the detox. i never thought i would do one, but it went pretty well. just be sure to follow up the program with some good probiotics (the JM one appears to come with them), because i think those were what actually made me feel better. good luck!

    ReplyDelete