Tuesday, December 22, 2009

my initial weigh-in


I'm cringing as I write this.  Admitting the hard facts is... well... hard.  My hope is that it will help me come to terms with my body and more dedicated to fitness and being a size I like.  I haven't truly felt fat in a long time, but I've definitely been in better shape and there's no excuse I can't maintain it.

So my "before" picture is just how they do it in the magazines: unflattering picture in lumpy, light-colored, loose-fitting clothing, bad hair, no make-up.  This will make for a more satisfying transformation later, don't you think?  That being said, it's still cringe-tastic to look at.

Yesterday I started tracking my nutrition and exercise on The Daily Plate, which is also where I got the estimates for my % body fat and BMI.  It's one of the most fantastic fitness sites I've come across.  To be honest, I feel less guilty about the two slices of pizza I had at dinner last night after factoring them in and seeing I still came in under my daily projected calorie allowance (1,637) after my workouts.  It's also kept me from eating the cheesecake that appeared in our breakroom today.  Go me.


My first goal to meet is going to be to lose 15 lbs and get to a size 8.  When that's achieved, I will reset the goal.  This time, I will not give up and get lazy once I'm at my goal.  I need to continue to challenge myself.

Have you been to The Daily Plate?  What do you think of it?

1 comment:

  1. you are bold as hell and i love you. thanks to your rec i checked out The Daily Plate and its pretty awesome. if anything it has too much going on that i may never use, but it is pretty simple to figure out. it has already made me think harder about what i am eating (some things aren't as bad as i thought!...but some are worse). anyway, im looking forward to contributing/participating. thanks for kicking this off!

    ReplyDelete