Monday, December 21, 2009

12/21/09


Ladies, I'm kicking this off before the new year because I just can't wait.  I'm really excited we're in this together.  I was inspired by an article I read in Shape about a woman who tracked her progress on a regular basis, posting photos and stats of what she'd accomplished (current weight, % body fat, total weight lost so far).  What a great idea!  Having the visuals as well as the data is a great motivator for me, and knowing I'm going to have to come clean on a regular basis about what I'm doing or not doing to reach my goal will hopefully help me stay on track.  Once a month I'll post a progress photo with my stats, and in the interim I'm going to post my journey (hopefully day-to-day) so you can follow me along the way.  I've never really felt like a Fatty-Fatso, but I need a little extra motivation to be the Hotterton I know I can be.  This is the first step to making it happen.

I'm currently sitting at my desk surrounded by the annual holiday treats that have been sent to our office by various consultants we've worked with this past year.  Ann just plunked a giant box of French chocolate truffles at my desk.  While talking myself out of tearing the box wide open, I've figured out that each truffle is 50 cal, 4 g of fat.  So it would take 8 truffles to undo my 30 min on the elliptical machine today.  If you're following my justification math, that's 4 minute per truffle; not so bad, right?  My muffin top just spoke up and told me it's not worth it.  Thanks, muffin top; I knew you were good for something.

If you're interested in becoming a member/author, let me know and I'll set you up.  Anything you're doing to help yourself along in your goal is fair game to share here; it could be a healthy recipe, a rundown of your workouts, what you've decided to change in your diet, or even just a log of your meals - totally up to you.  You can also post your challenges and slip-ups as well, just to get it off your chest (and you know I will!).  Next post will have my fitness goals, my "before" pic, and all my info.

Thanks for your support!
Monica

2 comments:

  1. im really excited about this!! can't wait to contribute and btw, i think you're damn bold and i like it. gotta be honest, i still need to talk myself into posting before pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you've GOTTA do before pics! It'll make your progress that much sweeter!

    ReplyDelete